Is Your Blog Losing Money?

Is Your Blog Losing Money?
Discover exactly how to build a business, not just a blog!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Simple Living Guide: Growing Up At 40 +

Lately, I am studying Sylvia Browne's books. If you've never heard the name – she is »One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants« as stated on the front of her book Adventures of the Psychic. In my opinion, she is a lot more than that! I admire her (and her work) tremendously and I'd really like to know her in person.

As a result of my studies, I kind of signed »peace treaty« with my life and everything that's happening to me, with all the tough circumstances and events that were making me wondering for years, »Why me? Why do I have to go through so much? How did I deserve all that? Am I really such a bad person – or I was in a previous life???«

While questions like these and similar were constantly on my mind, I was probably missing the real purpose of my present earthly experience, which is learning and growing up – or - becoming a better soul…

One story from that same book (mentioned above) left me exceedingly amazed (and with a new question, of course). I know I am too tough on myself a lot of times… It made me very angry that I couldn't apply her discovery to my own problem and solve it instantly…

Anyway, Sylvia's problem was on and off inflamed bladder – for years. She couldn't understand or find the reason for it until mentioning it to her friend and saying how »her mother really pisses her off«… It always works like a magic. As soon as we understand the reason, the problem is not needed any more and the healing takes place instead.

In the last couple of months my most unpleasant concern was my body, gaining weight. Slowly, but steadily. Not being a kind of person that uses the personal scale, I have absolutely no idea how many pounds heavier I became. But when my clothes become too tight and I don't feel comfortable wearing them anymore, I get really upset. Since I don't eat that much too much, hardly any fast food, and had never had a serious weight problem in my life, the only answer available to me was the whole estrogen-hormonal period of my life. Some TV commercials keep »promoting« hormonal weight gain in women all the time, swearing it's the only possible reason for weight-gaining after you reach the magical age of thirty…

For some reason this answer didn't satisfy me and I kept wondering… Until a few hours ago. I erupted like a volcano and couldn’t stop saying things that really bother me in my relationship, in my everyday life. I felt very unhappy about certain things but kept them inside, not saying a word to a living soul.

Soon after losing the heavy load of unhappiness and suppressed thoughts, I realized that by letting go of my feelings, I will not gain another pound! If you have any doubts, ask me in about a month from today, if my clothes are still too tight…

No comments: